Hawaii Travel Guide: Oahu
Hi everyone! Welcome to Styled in Pink! I wanted to switch my website name because I felt that my last one didn't embody what I wanted it to and felt that the name didn't suit me anymore! I just felt that I needed a more unique name that truly describes me! I hope you like it!!
This post is a full Hawaii blog post about everything that you must do when you are there! My parents surprised me with a trip to Hawaii for my sixteenth birthday. My birthday is at the end of the month so I was super surprised! We stayed on the island of Oahu and had a blast!
Where to stay:
We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village which is a bunch of Hilton hotel towers combined into this cool little village areas. There are restaurants, clothing stores, and many souvenir stores. It is also right on Waikiki Beach.
- We went to the Laylow hotel for dinner which is the trendiest hotel I have ever been to and the food was amazing!
- The other hotel we went to for dinner was the Royal Hawaiian or the "pink hotel". It is an all pink hotel with pink umbrellas, walls, etc.
What to eat:
- Aloha Wow Wow Lemonade because it has the trendiest and most well known lemonade on the island.
- Rainbow Drive- In is where a bunch of locals get genuine Hawaiian food.
- A place to get a nice treat, is at Leonard's Bakery! They have Portuguese doughnuts called malasadas which are amazing!
- If you are wanting the perfect drink in a pineapple then go to the Royal Hawaiian Hotel served at their bar area.
-I found the cutest cafe called Arvo where they put Palm Trees on your lattes. The food is great too!
- We loved eating at Tropics at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel.
- The food trucks up at the North Shore Marketplace are amazing! Try the shrimp!
-Waikiki Beach is the classic tourist spot. There were so many things to do and the water was soo clear.
-Hanauma Bay is a wildlife preserve. You have to watch a short video before going in on how to interact with the animals but it was so worth it. We snorkeled with all the colorful fish and got to see so much wildlife. My only recommendation is to take a bus going there because the parking took forever!
Other Activities to do:
- Visit the North Shore area! Go to the food trucks and beaches up there! Also when you are up there you have to take a picture in front of the "wings", located in front of Anahulu's Shave Ice.
- Go to the Dole Plantation to get some awesome treats! Also we did the giant maze there which was super fun.
- In our hotel, they offered lei making classes so we decided to do it and it was awesome! I made a flower crown!
- The Royal Hawaiian Center is full of things to do. My brother and I did bracelet making!
- Kakaako neighborhood is where you find all the trendy murals of Honolulu. The murals there are endless. It is in a newer area with a ton of cute coffee shops and stores. It is where Arvo is.
- If you watch Hawaii Five O, Oahu is the island that they film it on so we found a couple places that they film at. My family and I love that show!
I hope you enjoyed this full travel guide! I love traveling so you will be for sure seeing more of these soon!